There’s a Little Something I Like to Call: THE SUCK THRESHOLD
September 7, 2017
A few fun little facts you probably didn’t know about me:
- I was Captain of the volleyball team.
- Server of the Year.
- Certified as a referee.
- Played year round on a travel team to compete in regional tournaments.
- And helped lead our team to the state final championships.
Another couple of fun facts:
- I am only five foot three.
- I also couldn’t even get the ball over the net to save my LIFE the entire first year. …Nor the second. My volleyball coach knew I had no natural talent and thought I would quit any day.
But I kept showing up.
And eventually I figured it out.
And because I was paying such close attention, once I passed the suck threshold, I catapulted straight into killer.
Because that is the benefit of being absolutely terrible at something, but going to war, anyway:
Eventually, skill kicks talent’s ass.
And eventually, not even being bad can prevent you from getting good.
What do you need to keep showing up to?